It's easy to get around the city by bus and Metrobus. Bristol Bus Station offers cross-country services and Frenchay Campus has its own Megabus and National Express stop.
- Campus bus stop locations
- Bus services to Frenchay Campus
- Bus services to City Campus
- Bus services to Glenside Campus
- Bus routes from our campuses into the city centre
First Bus app
To help you feel confident about travelling by bus, First Bus have launched a new feature on their app to show where your bus is, how many seats are available, and to enable you to book your seat. The app displays in real time how many empty seats there are on each bus, to help you to confidently plan your journey. Watch this YouTube video showing you how to use the First Bus App.
Bus checker apps and journey planners
Download the Travelwest bus checker app for live and scheduled bus times for every bus in the Bristol area. Free for iPhone, Android and Windows mobile devices.
Details of all timetables and routes can be found on the TravelWest journey planner.
Long distance coaches and coaches from London airports
Megabus and National Express provide a very cost-effective service direct to Frenchay Campus from many UK cities and some overseas destinations including London, Cardiff, Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Leeds.
Bristol Temple Meads station and Bristol Parkway Railway station connect you to the rest of the country, as well as local and inter-city services.
The nearest train station to UWE Bristol's Frenchay Campus is Bristol Parkway, but Bristol Temple Meads is closest to the city centre. See the National Rail website for further information.
Bristol Airport connects the South West to hundreds of destinations across Europe and the rest of the world. Located just a few miles south of Bristol's city centre, it's easy to get to and from the airport, 24hrs a day via the Airport Flyer - Bristol Airport's direct bus route.
- Read Next
- 7 ways to make friends at University without getting drunk! What you need to know before starting uni Drugs and You! Student Lifestyle Life in the UK vs. China Help with local shops and stores by Student Life How to be sustainable at uni Finding out what Bristol Life has to offer... Contact Us! RelaxFest at the Centre for Sport!
- Recycle with these high street brands! Staying connected with home friends at Uni Why is it so important to go plastic free? How to have fun without alcohol Glenside & The Hollies | Local Area Guide Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Should I get a job at Uni? Accommodation Customer Services Desk Easy Veggie Chilli Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide