Recipe of the week - Shakshuka
Shakshuka is a dish that most probably originates from Northern Africa, it has travelled far and wide and now you can find variations in the Middle East and Europe. It's one of my favourite hearty brunch dishes which will set you up for the day!
Ingredients for two
- 2 - 4 Eggs
- Can of tinned tomatoes
-3 cloves of garlic (or more if you like)
-A bunch of spring onions (optional)
-Fresh coriander and parsley (optional but will make it taste great)
- Dried Paprika
-Salt and Pepper
-Bread to serve
- Fry the onions and garlic in a pan
- After a couple of minutes add the peppers to the pan
- When the onions and peppers are softened add a tin of tomatoes, stir in the chilli, paprika, salt and pepper
- After around ten minutes all of the veg should be soft and the seasoning should be nicely mixed into the sauce, mix in most of the coriander and parsley, make a well in the sauce and drop in the eggs.
- Crumble the feta onto the top of the sauce and egg, pop a lid on the pan and wait for the eggs to poach.
- When your eggs are cooked through, sprinkle a little more parsley and coriander over the top and serve with bread
TIP If you are having trouble cooking the eggs through you can finish the dish off by cooking under the grill
- Read Next
- Win a Perfect Night in Hamper HallsLife - What's on this week? 1st - 7th November 50th Aniversary Celebration - Festive Market Monthly Quiz Night Community Garden 7 Easy Peasy Day Trips from Bristol Murder Mystery Night at the Farmhouse on Frenchay. Food Waste Survey - We need your help! HallsLife - What's on 25th - 31st October? HallsLife Craft Club - Halloween Edition
- HallsLife Halloween Window Competition Student Village - Local Area Guide National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Circuit Laundry How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - post and parcels