Recipe of the week: 'Prawn curry in a hurry'
Try something different to your tradition curry with a prawn curry!
- 2 tbsp curry paste (e.g. Patak's Origional Balti curry paste)
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 200g large raw or cooked prawns
- 400g can chopped tomato with garlic
- large bunch coriander, leaves and stalks chopped (optional)
- boiled rice
- naan bread
- Drizzle some oil from the curry paste jar into a wok or large frying pan, gently heat, then add the onion.
- Sizzle over a low heat for 4 mins until the onion softens, then stir in the paste and cook for a few mins longer.
- Stir in the prawns and tomatoes, then bring to a simmer. (If using raw prawns, simmer until they have changed colour and are cooked through).
- Season, if you like, then add the coriander just before serving with boiled rice and naan bread.
- Read Next
- Treasure Hunt Photo Competition Coffee Cake and Colouring HallsLife Craft Club - Terrarium Edition Dip Dye Disco Recipe of the week - Quick Leftover Miso Soup Recipe of the week - Vegetable Curry Recipe of the week - Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Cooking 101 - How to roast a chicken Recipe of the week - Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus Plastic FREE July competition
- Blackbullion - Money Advice Surviving First Year as a Mature Student #Plastic Free July How to use social media to settle into freshers life How to decorate your uni room Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Wondering what to bring to Uni? Your private accommodation shopping list Centre for Music - Online Classes