Recipe of the week - Chicken Tikka Masala
Curry's are such an easy dish to make, and they are great to make in bulk so you can eat them for at least two meals or even freeze them for days when you cba to cook.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12g butter
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 50ml double cream
- 50ml natural yogurt
- boiled rice
- naan bread
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 mins till soft and golden.
- Add the masala paste and red pepper and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Then add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and 200ml water.
- Gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the mango chutney, cream and yogurt and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve with rice and naan bread.
- Read Next
- Your Village Shop Blog - 5 Essential Tips for Freshers Free 1-2-1 lessons during Feel Good Fortnight Centre for Music - taster sessions Big Hello! Open House at the Centre for Music HallsLife What's on? 4th October - 10th October HallsLife International Social Sports Tournament Freshers' Fair 2021 HallsLife Harbourside Boat Trip & Meal Games Evening with Chance and Counters
- How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Surviving First Year as a Mature Student How to decorate your uni room Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support 6 apps to keep you fit at uni 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life What's Browzer?