Pass Inspection and Win a Prize!
If your communal areas pass with flying colours, you're in with winning a food voucher for your flat or house!
Inspections will run from October - December, make sure to regularly check your emails for your specific date.
Routine Inspection Cleaning Standards
The following list shows the different areas and cleaning standards that will be checked by the Accommodation Services Inspection Team during the inspection:
- Ovens and cookers – must be cleaned both inside and out, including grill pans, shelves, control knobs and any other parts. We recommend that you use a specialist oven cleaner in order to achieve effective results, but please take care and follow manufacturers' instructions carefully
- Refrigerators and freezers – must be cleaned inside and out. Signs of regular defrosting of freezers should be evident
- Cupboards – thoroughly clean all cupboards inside and out
- Floors – thoroughly clean and remove all grease, marks etc. This should include cleaning around cookers and fridges etc
- Rubbish – kitchen bins and waste paper bins must be emptied and cleaned
- Sinks/drainer – all staining and lime scale must be removed using an appropriate cleaning product.
General and all other areas
- Carpets – all carpets must be vacuumed, free from stains and furniture moved to ensure thorough cleaning. Stains are not considered fair wear and tear
- Dusting – all horizontal surfaces, not forgetting door frames and banisters
- No electrical items such as kettles, rice cookers or heaters are to be used in any study bedroom. Fridges are only permitted in study bedrooms if they are for medical reasons and if they are less than 12 months old or PAT tested, notification at the application stage is required if you wish to bring a fridge.
- You are expected to ensure that any immediate grounds are kept free of litter.
- All furniture must be clean – beds must be fully assembled
- All rubbish must be removed and placed in the appropriate area
- Please remember to vacuum, especially under your bed
- Clean skirting boards, window sills and light shades as well as all furniture
- If you have a sink/mirror in your room these must be clean.
Bathrooms and en-suite shower rooms
- Baths, sinks and shower cubicles – must all be cleaned (including taps and shower controls)
- In flats where there is a hair trap in the shower this must be cleaned
- Toilets – clean the bowl and seat thoroughly, and behind and underneath
- Remove all limescale and staining with a specialist cleaner
- Floors should be free of dirt and dust and have been mopped.
- Read Next
- Win a Perfect Night in Hamper HallsLife - What's on this week? 1st - 7th November 50th Aniversary Celebration - Festive Market Monthly Quiz Night Community Garden 7 Easy Peasy Day Trips from Bristol Murder Mystery Night at the Farmhouse on Frenchay. Food Waste Survey - We need your help! HallsLife - What's on 25th - 31st October? HallsLife Craft Club - Halloween Edition
- HallsLife Halloween Window Competition Student Village - Local Area Guide National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Circuit Laundry How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - post and parcels