HallsLife Craft Club - Mini Zen Garden Edition
Add this event to your calendar
Sunday 16th May
Its exam season, so HallsLife and the Feel Good Team have come together to bring you a super relaxing Sunday Craft Club.
Originally Zen Gardens or Japanese Rock Gardens were created by Buddhist Monks in the 16th Century to aid meditation. Obviously we can't make full size gardens, so we'll be having a go at some super cute mini gardens, perfect for your windowsills or even your desks. Most Zen gardens are dry and you'll find things like stones, gravel and sand and faux foliage. Many people find that tending to their Zen gardens promote stress relief and relaxation, help with meditation and with creativity, not to mention they look fab! You can even find Zen gardens on ASMR soundtracks as many people report the sound to be so soothing.
We will be providing some basic features of zen gardens including - the base, sand, rakes, foliage, stones, temples and Buddhas but you can get as creative as you like by sourcing your own materials to add to ours. Have a look here at some examples.
How it works ...
- Sign ups now full - contact UWE Accommodation if you want to take part
- We'll send you a slot to come along to the Farmhouse and pick up your equipment on Sunday 16th May
- If the weather is OK we will set up some outdoor space for you to enjoy the activity with others (coronavirus restrictions permitting), if not you can log onto our Discord Server and take part virtually
- Tag or send us your creations (firstname.lastname@example.org @UWEHallsLife) and you could be in with a chance of winning a £20 Uber Eats, Green Turtle or Mrs Potts Voucher
Some inspiration ....
- Read Next
- HallsLife - What's on 10th - 16th May Inspire Masterclass with Sinai Soundsystem Report and Support. Your Guide to being a Resident Assistant If you haven’t completed your Census Form FREE Exam Brunch - Glenside Find 15 Competition Our top 10 store cupboard staples Bristol Guide - Why you should take up cycling and how to get started Recipe of the week - Macaroni Cheese in a Mug!
- National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Blackbullion - Money Advice Surviving First Year as a Mature Student Community Gardening Your guide to International food stores in Bristol Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE Life Hacks for Exam Season Finding your second year house Thought about changing your diet?