Glenside & The Hollies | Post and Parcels
The Glenside Post Room provides a complimentary service to ensure the safe/secure receipt of your parcels.
It is situated in H-block (1H027) in the Accommodation Office near the Traders Café and is for students residing in Glenside and Hollies accommodation. If you have trouble trying to locate the post room you can use the UWE Find A Room app here.
Current post room opening hours :
Monday to Sunday 19:00 - 20:00
Royal mail and Postboxes
- Mail is delivered to the post boxes located in the corridor between Car Park 4 and 5.
- Your post box is the same number as your house/flat & is shared with your whole house/flat
- All postboxes are secured with coded padlocks, codes have been sent to your email. If you haven't received this please contact Accommodation Services, contact a Resident Assistant if you're not sure of your code
- Please check your post box regularly and ensure that the padlock is secured afterwards.
Ordering parcels via a courier
- Couriers should always try to deliver directly to you, either at your house or via the intercom to your flat
- Arrange a delivery time that you are available
- If you are not in the courier will deliver to the post room
Collecting parcels from the post room
- The Resident Assistants open the post room from 19:00 - 20:00 each day, they will process your parcel and send you an email when its ready to pick up
- Please ensure you use the hand gelling stations nearby before and after collecting your post, When collecting items from the post room only one person can access the area at any one time, we encourage you to wear a face covering must be worn when collecting your post or parcel
- Due to data protection and privacy laws, we are unable to release your parcel without any photo ID (student ID, driving license/ passport). Please bring one form of ID to avoid disappointment.
- If we haven't sent you this email notifying you to come and collect something, your parcel is not ready to collect and we will not be able to let you to collect it.
- BE AWARE: even if your courier notifies you that your parcel has been delivered to us, you cannot collect it from us until we have processed it and emailed you ourselves.
- You have 14 days to collect your parcel from us, after this period it will be returned to sender
- The post room does not operate a returns service
Processing, collecting and returns
- If you use our complimentary service, be aware that parcels can take up to 48 hours to process - maybe longer if it is over a weekend/bank holiday.
- During busy periods, e.g. Black Friday, processing can take +72 hours. Therefore we recommend you always be in to receive parcels, or make an order as far in advance so it is available to you when you need it.
Collecting on behalf of a friend
- You can nominate a friend to collect your parcel
- But first you must email us your full name and student ID, request for a friend to collect it and provide their name and student number
- They will need to bring their student ID when they collect this for you
Sending letters and parcels
- The nearest place to send parcels is the Co-op in Fishponds
- Read Next
- 5 things better than Glasto this summer Let's go travelling, on a budget! 50th Anniversary of Pride in the UK Help your mate's mental health How to help the environment and save money Keeping your mental health in check at university Making It On Your Own: Laundry Let's be positive about male body image! Spending summer in halls? We've got you! My drink spike reality
- Glenside & The Hollies | Local Area Guide Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Keeping your mental health in check at university Let's be positive about male body image! Accommodation Customer Services Desk Spending summer in halls? We've got you! Student Village | Post and Parcels Recipe of the week - Easy Veggie Chilli Don't Get Locked Out! How your room door works Wallscourt Park | Local Area Guide