Frenchay Campus: Shopping and amenities
Need to grab few groceries, fancy a meal out or need some essentials for your room?
Filton Abbey Wood has many amenities and is a short 15 minute walk from campus accommodation. Here there are plenty of restaurants, gyms and supermarkets.
How to find Sainsbury's and Argos
- Leave the Frenchay campus via the North Entrance, following the shared foot & bike path past Brecon Court via the sports pitch on your right.
- At the end of the footpath, cross straight over the road at the traffic lights and walk up the short path, following the direction to walk to Bristol Parkway train station.
- You should find yourself on a small road - turn left and walk along the pavement. Follow this road until you reach the pedestrian access to B&Q on your right and then cut across the park to walk down the steps to Sainsbury's.
- The Argos collection and order point is inside Sainsbury's, at the far end of the tills.
This walk should take approx 10 minutes.
- Turn left as you leave the UWE campus
- At the traffic lights turn left
- At the large roundabout take the 3rd exit
- At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit
- Finally take the Sainsburys exit at the roundabout
- Take the 70/71 from the campus interchange and get off at Mcdonald's
Eastgate Retail Park is a short car or bus journey. There is an Ikea, Tesco Extra, Asda home, Marks and Spencers and Boots.
How to find Eastgate retail park
Turn left as you leave the UWE campus, Turn right at the end of Coldharbour Lane
At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the M32 heading towards the city centre
Leave the M32 on the next junction (junction 2)
Take the 3rd exit off the roundabout and turn immediately left towards the Eastgate Centre
Take the 48A from the campus interchange
Get off at Robertson Road
Head northeast on Stapleton road
Turn left onto Redding road
Go under the subway
- Read Next
- Do your bit - Recycling and waste Irie Box Octagon Relaunch Student Cleaning Guide Volunteering Q&A Your Village Shop Blog - 5 Essential Tips for Freshers Free 1-2-1 lessons during Feel Good Fortnight Centre for Music - taster sessions Big Hello! Open House at the Centre for Music
- Circuit Laundry MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook How to use social media to settle into freshers life Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - post and parcels How to decorate your uni room Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support 6 apps to keep you fit at uni