Fire Safety in the Student Village
It's really important to follow Accommodation Service's Health and Safety regulations whilst you're living with us, it ensures your own safety and the safety of others.
You can receive warnings and fines if you break the regulations so please make sure you understand your responsibilities in regards to fire safety.
- If you hear a full fire alarm, you must evacuate immediately.
- Each room door, kitchen door and front door are all fire doors and must be kept closed at all times.
- Weekly fire testing takes place between 11:00 & 15:00 - you will be able to get more information about which day your alarms will be tested on your noticeboard. The alarm will sound for no longer than 30 seconds. If it sounds for longer than 30 seconds, you need to evacuate
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted in any building.
- Read Next
- Your Village Shop Blog - 5 Essential Tips for Freshers Free 1-2-1 lessons during Feel Good Fortnight Centre for Music - taster sessions Big Hello! Open House at the Centre for Music HallsLife What's on? 4th October - 10th October HallsLife International Social Sports Tournament Freshers' Fair 2021 HallsLife Harbourside Boat Trip & Meal Games Evening with Chance and Counters
- How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Surviving First Year as a Mature Student How to decorate your uni room Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts UWE Wellbeing & Mental Health Support 6 apps to keep you fit at uni 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life What's Browzer?