24 Hours in Cardiff
Are you bored of staying on Campus every weekend? Then I’ve got the perfect solution for you!
Did you know that you can get a return bus ticket to Cardiff roughly for £7?! BARGAIN!
This article will follow with the best itinerary for 24 hours in Cardiff, and since I am from Cardiff I am confident that I know where's best to go!
- Get a morning bus roughly 11am so that you arrive in the bustling heart of the city at noon.
- You will start your day of exploring walking through gardens as you approach the National History Museum – which is free to access!
- After admiring the exhibition in the Museum you can head over to Roath Park which is my favourite place in Cardiff City. I have a weakness for admiring nature, this park is filled with lots of paths that lead along the river and flowers blooming to brighten up your day.
- Now, time to visit Cardiff Castle! Being only £11.50 for a student ticket (don’t forget your ID) this Castle is a must see! Here you can climb the steps to the viewing platform in the keep, take the guided tour of the astonishing house, wander through the tunnels used as air raid shelters in WWII. Some people bring picnics to the Castle, and this would be the best way to explore on a student budget!
Next, I have a few options for you:
- Go shopping in St. David’s centre – people have named this the best shopping centre ever! In addition, the third floor in this centre is dedicated to ‘Treetop Adventure Golf’! Keen to pop some holes? This is your place to be.
- Take a ride on the City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Bus from £13.50 – you will definitely visit everywhere this way and also learn about the history that this city is founded upon.
- Go Bowling at the Superbowl located in the Stadium Plaza or even Lazer Tag which is in the same building! Perfect activities to do with your friends!
- Take a walk to Cardiff Bay – maybe visit Techniquest? Techniquest is a science and discovery centre filled with many interactive activities, you’ll be sure to feel like a kid again! At Cardiff Bay you can admire the architecture of the Pierhead and take a leisurely stroll to Penarth or if you’re up for it a boat ride to Penarth. Penarth is a quaint little town with cosy cafes and lovely home accessory shops.
- You should be worn out at this point and be craving a lot of food! I have a huge list of restaurants however, I will shorten this down to my top 5 that I highly recommend!
- Ask Italian - big, hot portions of all your Italian favourties such as margrehita pizzas, lasagne, pasta dishes! Staff will welcome you with a drink of their homemade lemonade. Where this restaurant is situated is just outside all the chaos of the shops and you are able to sit outside and watch the fast moving world around you, and in summer it's definitely a sunny spot!
- The Greek Spot Cardiff Ltd - Amidst a warm, traditional and welcoming atmosphere, The Greek Spot Cardiff Ltd brings to you a wide variety of home-cooked Greek food. If you want to taste some of the most sumptuous Greek food in Cardiff, The Greek Spot is the place to go.
- The Crispy Duck - Cardiff’s No 1 Pan-Asian Restaurant. An oriental fusion restaurant and bar, setting the standard for modern Asian cuisine in Cardiff specialising in Chinese and Japanese cuisine. The menu has influences from Japan, China, Thailand, Malaysia and beyond. Theur mission is to provide delicious cuisine with charming and timely service in a warm and vibrant atmosphere.
- Viva Brazil - a unique Brazilian dining experience and enjoy an unlimited supply of 14 authentic Brazilian BBQ meats, served to your table straight from their charcoal BBQ.
- Bar 44 – Saved my favourite restaurant till last! Craving Spanish Tapas then this is the best place to go.. p.s. they make the best cocktails!
The day has gone and the night has begun! Head out to one of Cardiff's many live music venues, bars or coffee shops.
The following day it's time to head back onto the coach back to UWE after your eventful 24 hours in Cardiff!!
- Read Next
- Student Parent Picnic It's your MOVE - have fun and get active Win a feel good hamper Mature Student Meet-ups Glenside Hopsital Museum, self-guided tour Pizza and Board Games @ Glenside Treasure Hunt Photo Competition Coffee Cake and Colouring HallsLife Craft Club - Terrarium Edition Dip Dye Disco
- Surviving First Year as a Mature Student How to use social media to settle into freshers life How to decorate your uni room Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Wondering what to bring to Uni? Your private accommodation shopping list Borrow an activity pack! Del Vecchio's Pizza - on campus Self-isolation: Apps to pass the time