10 mins Indian chickpeas with poached eggs recipe
This is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe, with only 412 calories!
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1/2 diced red chilli
- 1/2 bunch spring onions (tops and whites sliced but kept separate)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 pack coriander
- 1/2 tsp reduced-salt bouillon powder (e.g. marigold)
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a non-stick sauté pan, add the garlic, pepper, chilli and the whites from the spring onions, and fry for 5 mins over a medium-high heat. Meanwhile, put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Add the spices, tomatoes, most of the coriander and the chickpeas to the sauté pan and cook for 1-2 mins more. Stir in the bouillon powder and enough liquid from the chickpeas to moisten everything, and leave to simmer gently.
- Once the water is boiling, crack in your eggs and poach for 2 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Stir the spring onion tops into the chickpeas, then very lightly crush a few of the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher.
- Spoon the chickpea mixture onto plates, scatter with the reserved coriander and top with the eggs. Serve with an extra sprinkle of cumin, if you like.
- Read Next
- Win a Perfect Night in Hamper HallsLife - What's on this week? 1st - 7th November 50th Aniversary Celebration - Festive Market Monthly Quiz Night Community Garden 7 Easy Peasy Day Trips from Bristol Murder Mystery Night at the Farmhouse on Frenchay. Food Waste Survey - We need your help! HallsLife - What's on 25th - 31st October? HallsLife Craft Club - Halloween Edition
- HallsLife Halloween Window Competition Student Village - Local Area Guide National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Circuit Laundry How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Bristol Guide: International Supermarkets Wallscourt Park - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - Local Area Guide Glenside & The Hollies - post and parcels