All the uni supplies you NEED
Your first task when you arrive in Sheffield is unpacking...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get packing...
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Hacks to help you boss Welcome Week Mentally preparing yourself for university... 11 ways to make halls feel like home 4 simple ice breakers for Freshers What it's (realistically) like living in halls An introvert's guide to making friends at SHU! 5 things the uni prospectus doesn’t tell you! THE apps for moving to Sheffield Time to start getting ready for uni! What's Browzer? Handy hacks to help you survive Freshers Week Jessica's Blog: Moving to SHU! The essentials for your first food shop! Awkward things that happen when making friends... Your first fortnight at SHU bucketlist!
- SHU Jobs: Student Accommodation Assistant Arrivals Weekend: Keys & Car Parking All the uni supplies you NEED 11 ways to make halls feel like home Sheffield Freshers' Nights Out