All the uni supplies you NEED
Your first task when you arrive in Sheffield is unpacking...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get packing...
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Quiz: What kind of Fresher are you? What's Browzer? Jessica's Blog: Moving to SHU! Why YOU should join a society Coping with homesickness at Hallam Balancing every part of university life... The ULTIMATE guide to British food Keep Calm and Keep Safe Takeaways can save lives! Advice From a Graduate: Wellbeing
- City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus! What happens at Graduation? Get home with City Taxis & the Safe Taxi Scheme Getting around campus Do you want to work as a Student Ambassador?