Top Ten Parks in Aberdeen
- Hazlehead Park - large park with two golf courses, football fields, a large children's play area, two rose gardens, heather beds, and a pet zoo. There is also a small maze. On no 11 bus route (towards Kingswells).
- Duthie Park – beautiful park containing children’s play area, pond, café, and indoor Winter Gardens which contain one of the largest collections of cacti in the UK. On no 17 bus route (towards Faulds Gate).
- Aberdeen Beach – 10 minute walk from the town centre, Aberdeen Beach provides walks along the sea front, in addition to a large recreational area featuring cafes, restaurants, an amusement park, sporting facilities and a cinema. Don’t forget to walk towards the lighthouse, and visit Footdee (see 6. above).
- Victoria Park – A delightful park in the Rosemount area, which boasts a fountain made of 14 different granites, in addition to a generous selection of flowers, shrubs and trees, and a conservatory.
- Rubislaw and Queen’s Terrace Gardens – a long stretch of grass, mature trees and shrubs provide a delightful place to relax and enjoy the stunning architecture of Albyn Place.
- Seaton Park – a large and impressive park on the banks of the River Don, featuring a children’s playpark with a former steam train engine, and landmarks including the Bronze Age Wallace Tower.
- Westburn Park – A charming park near Rosemount, featuring a stream and bridges. It also offers indoor and outdoor tennis courts, bowling greens, football pitches, skate ramps and a children’s cycling proficiency track and play area.
- Bon Accord Terrace Gardens – Pleasant gardens that are only five minutes from Union Street, a lovely space to enjoy some tranquil time.
- Johnston Gardens – Beautiful gardens with streams, ponds (and often ducks), a stunning bridge, shrubs and flowers.
- Persley Walled Garden – landscaped Victorian walled garden featuring a granite obelisk memorial to those who have lost their lives in the workplace. Enjoy some time in the garden before moving on to the nearby nature trail along the River Don.
- Read Next
- North East Castles Useful maps of Aberdeen Provost Skene's House Book Club Getting to Know Support Staff - Counselling Team Getting to Know Aberdeen RGU Clubs and Societies RGU SPORT Free Student Memberships 2021/22 Getting to Know Support Staff - Study Skills Getting to Know Support Staff - Student Life
- Getting to Know Support Staff - Counselling Team Top 10 things to do in Aberdeen Feeling hungry? How to get a National Insurance Number North East Castles Food hacks to save you money Gender Pronouns Top Ten Parks in Aberdeen RGU SPORT Free Student Memberships 2021/22 Provost Skene's House