HEALTH & WELLBEING
Guide to RGU Counselling Online/Phone Sessions
Book an appointment at ask.rgu.ac.uk, or by telephoning 01224 262120
The RGU Counselling and Wellbeing Department understand that in the midst of the current situation adapting to a new form of counselling or wellbeing sessions may feel overwhelming, so please find below a few guidelines to making your first session as straightforward and simple as possible.
- Our sessions will take place over the phone, tablet or computer, so please make sure that you have enough charge, have a plug and cable nearby, and are connected to the internet if required. Let us know what form of contact works best for you before the first session.
- We understand that sleeping patterns can be a little off right now, so please set a reminder for the session early on enough to make sure you are awake and ready for it. Perhaps a snack or drink before the session can help sustain your energy levels. If you feel the session is too early for you, please get in touch with us to reschedule to a later time.
- Confidentiality is our priority, so make sure that you will be undisturbed for the duration of the session. Finding some peace and quiet in a busy household can be difficult, so see what works for you, whether that is going for a walk or finding a quiet space in the house.
- If having a video session, install the required software and test it out prior to the session to avoid hiccups. Make sure your computer allows access to the microphone and camera, and they are both on. Place the device at eye level as this will give a face to face feeling to the session. Check that you’re in an environment you’re comfortable virtually sharing with your counsellor/wellbeing advisor.
- We are here to listen and support – so please give feedback to your counsellor/wellbeing advisor if you feel any changes can be implemented to improve the experience of the session.
- If you are unable to attend the session, kindly inform us at least 24 hours beforehand.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries about the above or any other issues.
You can get in touch on 01224 262120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Counselling and Wellbeing Team
- Read Next
- Gender Pronouns Getting to Know Support Staff - Inclusion Team Report and Support Student ID Cards Things to watch on Netflix Study Skills - Maths and Statistics It’s a ResLife … but what is ResLife during Covid? 4 Quick & Tasty Recipes RGU Book Club Guide to RGU Counselling Online/Phone Sessions
- How to get a National Insurance Number Top 10 things to do in Aberdeen Mental Wellbeing Tips Walk This Way Getting a COVID Test Dealing with Stress Everything to do with eggs! Food hacks to save you money Cooking: The perfect pasta & rice Introducing your RGU e-Hub