Prawn and Chorizo Pasta Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 290g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 350 g (12oz) conchiglie pasta
- 150 g (5oz) chorizo ring, sliced
- 150 g (5oz) raw king prawns
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 200 g (7oz) spinach
- small handful parsley, chopped
- Slice about ⅓ of the peppers into short strips. Set aside. Add remaining peppers to a food processor and whiz with tomato purée, sugar and some seasoning until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and fry until golden and some of the oil has been released into the pan, about 5min. Add prawns, garlic and chilli flakes and cook until prawns are pink. Then stir in reserved sliced peppers and pepper mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and drained pasta to frying pan and cook until spinach has wilted, adding a splash of reserved cooking water if looking a little dry. Check seasoning, sprinkle over parsley and serve.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World The power of 5!
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds