Mexican Lasagne Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red pepper, finely sliced
1 green or yellow pepper, finely sliced
1 green chilli, finely sliced
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp smoked paprika
200g pack spinach
150g canned sweetcorn kernels
400g tin of borlotti beans
400g tinned kidney beans
400g tinned mixed beans
200g tub cool salsa
8-12 flour tortilla wraps
180g extra mature cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, 180° fan.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion on low for 10 mins and until soft. Add the garlic, peppers, green chilli and spices and keep cooking on low for another 15 mins.
- When the mixture is soft, add the spinach to wilt down, then add the sweetcorn and beans. Season well with 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Layer up the lasagne in a medium size baking dish. Start with the bean mixture and top with a little salsa, followed by 2-3 tortilla wraps depending on the size of the dish. Keep layering up until all the ingredients are used up.
- Top with the cheese and bake in the oven for 30 mins until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 ResLife Events in March Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds