Mark's Blog: Ways to bond with your flatmates
You’ll be living with these people for the next academic year, seeing each other every day and more than likely seeing them in ways that you’d rather not during nights out; these people can be lifelong friends and you could even go on to look for a flat together with them for the next year of university!
So, it’s a good idea to get to know your flatmates and create the lifelong friendships that people always talk about when referring to university.
Try a few of these activities to help cement that relationship between friends:
- Baking – whether you’re the next Mary Berry or just enjoy baking for fun, try whipping up some cookies or if you’re feeling brave go for a cake to share with all your flatmates or even people on the same floor as you.
- Cooking – if you’ve ever watched the TV show ‘Come Dine with Me’ you’ll know you don’t have to be a brilliant cook, and that most of the time it’s all about the fun that you can have together! Try cooking for each other and just enjoy the calamity that ensues
- Movie nights – each pick your favourite movie and subject your flatmates to enduring it whilst you laugh maniacally or bawl your eyes out. This is a great way to find out what everyone’s tastes are and can help plan future trips to the cinema!
- Play board games – you find out a lot about a person when playing monopoly: they reveal their inner competitive and hostile side to ensure that they win the game! Or if monopoly isn’t quite your cup of tea, try a more modern game such as Cards Against Humanity, and find out how corrupt your flatmates truly are!
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World The power of 5!
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds