Greek-Style Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 large red peppers
- 100g couscous
- Olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 black olives
- Handful each of mint, dill and parsley
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 80g feta
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Halve the peppers, being careful to keep the green stalk attached. Remove the seeds and any white pith. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake at the top of the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking prepare the filling. Tip the couscous into a bowl, add a little salt and pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil. Pour 130ml boiling water over the couscous, stir well and cover with a plate. Leave to one side for 10 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces, discarding the seeds. Finely chop the red onion and garlic and quarter the black olives. Then lastly, roughly chop the herbs.
- Use a fork to fluff up the couscous, separating all of the grains. Add all of the chopped vegetables and herbs, the crumbled feta and lemon juice and mix well.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and divide the couscous mixture between them, pressing down lightly. Drizzle over a little more olive oil and return to the oven for 5 minutes before serving.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World The power of 5!
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds