Easy Peasy Omelette Recipe
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 small knob of unsalted butter
- 1 small handful of grated Cheddar cheese , (optional)
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- 2 or 3 field-type mushrooms
- olive oil
- For a basic omelette, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Beat well with a fork.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a small frying pan on a low heat, and once melted and bubbling, add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese (if using). I sometimes grate mine directly on to the omelette.
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
- For a tomato and basil omelette, pick and roughly tear the basil leaves. Chop the tomatoes in half, then add to a hot frying pan with a small knob of butter, a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry and toss around for 1 minute, then turn the heat down to medium and sprinkle over the basil leaves. Add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. Continue as for the basic omelette.
- For a mushroom omelette, quarter or roughly chop the mushrooms and add to a hot frying pan with a small knob of butter, a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry and toss around until golden, then turn the heat down to medium. Add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the Cheddar. Continue as for the basic omelette.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 ResLife Events in March Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds