Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
- 275 g (10oz) amori or penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g (1lb 2oz) chicken thigh fillets, skinless, cut into strips
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 mixed peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 30 g pack fajita seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 x 200g tubs fresh tomato salsa
- 75 g (3oz) mature Cheddar, grated
- sour cream, optional, to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to pack instructions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry chicken strips for 5min until golden and cooked through. Lift on to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- To the empty pan, add onion and peppers and fry over medium heat until softened and beginning to caramelise, about 8min. Add fajita seasoning mix, fry for 1min, then return chicken to pan with tomato purée, salsa and 50ml (2fl oz) water. Simmer for a couple of minutes, then add drained pasta and check seasoning.
- Preheat grill to medium. Spoon pasta into a 2 litre (3½ pint) ovenproof dish, sprinkle over cheese and grill until bubbling and golden. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if you like.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 ResLife Events in March Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds