Chicken and Sweet Potato Traybake Recipe
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 500g (16oz) sweet potatoes
- 2 medium red onions
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on
- 2tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1tsp dried rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2 lemons
- 150ml chicken stock
- Cut each chicken thigh fillet in two and sear over high heat in a non-stick frying pan in a little of the oil until lightly golden; cover and set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1.5cm thick slices; peel and quarter the onions and add the vegetables to a roasting pan with the rest of the oil, the unpeeled garlic cloves, herbs and seasoning. Roast at 200°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven, use a spatula to turn over the vegetable pieces, and tuck the chicken thighs in amongst them. Squeeze over the juice from one lemon and add a little more seasoning and the smoked paprika. Roast at 180°C for 15 minutes, then add the chicken stock to the pan and continue cooking for another 20 minutes, adding a little more stock if the pan looks too dry a few minutes before the end of cooking time.
- When everything is tender, the chicken is cooked through with no pink showing and there is a little gravy in the bottom of the pan, serve, with a little more lemon juice squeezed over. Each diner can squeeze the soft garlic from the skins before eating. Try serving each portion with kale, broccoli or spinach.
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World The power of 5!
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds