Chef Rich's Recipe of the Week
When you know you have a long day ahead, one of the best ways to ensure you are performing at your peak is fuelling your body with tasty, slow energy releasing foods.
Here's one idea that's simple to make, delicious to eat and will keep you right on track for the day!
What you'll need:
- 2 Tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced (add more or less depending on your personal preference)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g whole-wheat spaghetti
- 300g thin-stemmed broccoli, cut into pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 25g of flaked almonds
- Parmesan shavings or vegan alternative
What you'll need to do:
- Bring a large pan of slightly salted water to the boil
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan
- Add the chilli & garlic and cook on a low heat until golden
- Remove frying pan from the heat
- Add the pasta to the water and cook following the pack instructions
- In the final 4 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and broccoli and tip into the garlic pan
- Add the lemon zest and almonds and toss well together
- Serve in bowls, topped with parmesan or vegan alternatives
Best enjoyed with friends!
- Read Next
- Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe Looking for an Internship in a Covid World The power of 5!
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds