Chef Rich's Recipe of the Week
If you're anything like me, when the sun starts to disappear much earlier in the Autumn skies and the mornings appear still to be night, then you'll be in need of something warming, tasty and that feels like a gastromic cuddle in your belly - then I have a dish to share that will bring some much needed cheer to your day. Simple, cheap and guaranteed to leave a smile on your face and your tummy content and satisfied!
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/2 Finger length piece of fresh root ginger, shredded
- 2 mild red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Tumeric
- 3/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 4 chopped Tomatos
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 400g Can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Rice or naan bread to serve
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion over a low heat until softened.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger and chillis and cook for a further 5 minutes until the onions are golden and the garlic slightly toasted.
- Add your turmeric, garam masala and cumin, stirrling over a low heat for a few seconds.
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes and add the tomato puree, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan with 300ml water (fill the can 3/4 full)
- Simmer for 10 minutes before adding the spinach to wilt.
- Season and serve with rice or naan bread
- Read Next
- Emily's Blog: Stone Painting to Relax and Release Your Creative Flow Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 ResLife Events in March Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds