Beginner's Guide to Studying
If you're new to studying, or have been out of the game for a while check out our guide below for some tips on how to study and what resources are available to you at the LRC!
While everyone studies differently, there are some basic tips that can help anyone achieve the perfect mind-space for effective studying.
- Organise your study space
- Explain your work out loud
- Take regular breaks
- Make study groups with friends
- Try different techniques, such as the Pomodoro method
- Plan your day out in advance
If you're looking for materials to help with your studying skills, the LRC has a wide variety of general or subject specific study skills books. Head to the library catalogue and type your keyword search (I recommend using "study skills") and see the results come flooding in. Below are some more general texts that we have physical copies of:
- The study skills handbook
- Essential study skills : the complete guide to success at university
- Study skills connected : using technology to support your studies
- Study skills for international postgraduates
- Study skills for part-time students
And remember, the LRC staff are always there to help you. See all the resources available to you on the LRC homepage!
- Read Next
- Emily's Blog: Stone Painting to Relax and Release Your Creative Flow Workout of the Week 23rd February 2020 ResLife Events in March Emily's Blog: Valentine's Day Card Ideas QMU Festival of Careers Workout of the Week 1st February 2020 Converge Challenge - Enter Now! Tips for setting meaningful New Years Resolutions Workout of the Week! Emily's Blog - DIY Snow Globe
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Meet the Catering Team...Alan Scott, our new Sous Chef The ResLife Team Lat Pulldown Assisted Chin Up Support at QMU 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds