Winter Warmer Recipe: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
It doesn't get much better than a Spaghetti Bolognese to warm you up on these gloomy January evenings. Our recipe below is completely vegan and serves 6, so it's perfect for coming together for a flat meal!
- 500g spaghetti (vegan option here)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 carrot, grated and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Vegan Cheese (optional, recommendations here)
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and gently fry the mushrooms until golden. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more olive oil and fry the onions with the garlic until soft. Add the carrots and celery for a few minutes and then stir in the tomato purée, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Finally, add the mushrooms back in the pan along with the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable stock.
- Close the lid and bring to a simmer. Leave to cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to pack instructions, drain and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Serve the pasta with the bolognese and add basil leaves and grated vegan cheese to taste.
- Read Next
- Ask Us Helpers - Job Opportunity Living with people who are not 'your people' Catering at Vine Court Ways to Wellbeing How YOU can help someone's mental health Halls Discount for Postgraduates Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget Winter Warmer Recipe: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
- Requesting to move rooms Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Finding your next home Get involved in Halls Life Online support for your Mental Wellbeing Halls Contact Information Finding Housemates Living with people who are not 'your people' How YOU can help someone's mental health