Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake
It's pretty cold and dark and, at times like this, it can be a struggle to feel inspired when it comes to dinner time. To try and help you along we're sharing one of our favourite recipes and a classic ‘throw it all in' dish.
This recipe will serve 4, or last for 4 meals for one person. If you want to bulk it out a bit have some warm crusty bread or some hummus on the side.
- 2 peppers, take the seeds out and roughly chop
- 200g white mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced in to wedges
- 1 aubergine, thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 200g red lentils
- Olive Oil (to cover the veg)
- 1 veg stock – in 400ml of hot water
- Optional: 250g pack halloumi, thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan / mark 6). Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and season well with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you want. Mix everything together to make sure it's all seasoned.
- Pop the tray in the oven and roast for 25min until they are almost tender.
- Take the tray out and sprinkle over the lentils, move the veg around to make sure the lentils are underneath. Pour over the hot stock (just 400ml).
- Pop it back in the oven and continue to roast for a further 15 - 20min until the lentils and vegetables are cooked through.
- If you want to add another element - once everything looks cooked then preheat the grill to high. Lay the halloumi slices on top of the roasted vegetables and grill for around 5min until golden.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Read Next
- Volunteer Research Opportunity Accommodation Fees and Rebate Personal Safety Halls Life Activity Packs Completing the Census 2021 Halls’ Students: Talk to your HSC Looking after your mental health at university Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Completing the Census 2021 Halls Contact Information Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for looking after your money