Scrumptious Spring recipes: Homemade Lemonade
As we move away from winter and finally have some sunshine, there’s no better time to make fresh, homemade lemonade for you and your flatmates to enjoy. This recipe is super easy and refreshing!
- 3 unwaxed lemons, washed
- 60g granulated sugar
- 500ml of soda or sparkling water, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Mint (optional)
If you’re making this to share with flatmates, simply double the quantities above.
- Using a grater, remove the zest of the lemons (avoid the pith) and squeeze the juice from the lemons into a bowl
- In a saucepan, add the zest, sugar and half of the soda or sparkling water on a low heat
- Bring the syrup to the boil slowly and ensure that you stir regularly to help the sugar dissolve
- Once the syrup is at boiling point, add the lemon juice and remove the saucepan from the heat
- Once the juice has cooled down, strain it into a jug and allow it to chill before serving
- When serving, mix with the remaining soda or sparkling water with ice. Add a sprig of mint or additional lemon slices if you wish!
Enjoy your refreshing, homemade lemonade!
- Read Next
- Leave Liverpool Tidy - donate your belongings! Moving into the community: 10 tips for moving in Moving into the community: Looking after your bills and budgeting Moving into the community: Keeping your home safe and secure Meningitis and Septicaemia Moving into the community: Keeping your area clean Moving into the community: Being a good neighbour Making the most of your time in Halls Halls Life Leavers Packs Exploring Liverpool: Green Spaces in the city
- Halls Life Leavers Packs Exploring Liverpool - Albert Dock What's in your room Halls Life DIY Pizza Kits Becoming a Residential Adviser - 2022/23 FAQs Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Halls Postal Address Halls Suggestion Box Catering at Vine Court What to pack