Cookie Consent by


Rent Rebate & Contract Terminations

By sophiebk 13 Jan 2021

Whether you are currently a resident in Halls or living away, you are able to apply for a rebate for a single continuous period of absence from halls between 3 December to 19 March, excluding the Christmas Break from 19 December to 3 January. Any rebate will be 100% of your accommodation fee for the period claimed

The deadline to apply, to guarantee you receive your rebate in the April instalment, is Friday 26th March.  You will still be able to submit Rent Rebate requests after this date but they may not come out of the upcoming payment. Please read the below carefully to make sure you understand how to claim a rent rebate or terminate your accommodation contract.

If you are currently living in halls

If you are currently living in halls, and have not yet submitted any dates of absence (should it be applicable), then please log onto Liverpool Life and submit these as soon as possible. You will find guidance about how to submit your request via Liverpool Life below.

 If you are NOT currently living in halls

We previously indicated that you should wait until you had returned to Halls before submitting a request for an accommodation fee rebate. If you are yet to return we would now encourage you to submit a request prior to 26th March in order that the appropriate rebate can be reflected in your April rent instalment. 

Submitting your request via Liverpool Life

Requests for an accommodation fee rebate need to be submitted via Liverpool Life through the ‘My Requests’ Section where you will see the option to ‘Notify Away from Halls’. Simply enter the date that you departed from halls, and either the date you returned, or, if you are still living away from Halls please enter 19th March.

Your dates will then be validated with the Halls Teams, and your account adjusted with the amount to be reduced from your April rent instalment. If you are in receipt of the Accommodation Discount Bursary, this amount will be adjusted in accordance with your absence from halls.

We would like to encourage you to submit dates as soon as possible, even if you have not yet returned to your hall. It is important to note that should you not submit by 26 March, your April instalment will not be adjusted to reflect the rebate amount.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the accommodation team: or 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday 0151 795 0319.

 Please click here for guidance if you are returning to halls. 

Terminating your contract

We recognise that individual circumstances can change, so we have adapted our Accommodation Terms and Conditions to allow residents to terminate their accommodation contract as a result of disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Any student who wishes to permanently leave Halls for this academic year is now able to do so with a 28 day notice period. Further information about how to submit a contract termination request can be found on the Accommodation website.

Please note, if you have not returned to Halls but still have belongings in your room, as long as you do not plan to return this academic year, you are still able to request a contract termination. Once we receive your request we will be able to hold your belongings until a later date in the year when travel restrictions are lifted to allow you to collect them. If this applies to you, please let us know you are leaving belongings in your room in the verbatim comment box when you submit your termination request.

If you are currently living in halls, when you submit your request you will need to provide the date you plan to depart in the verbatim comment box. When considering your date of departure, please remember that travel is limited under the current national restrictions, so please ensure you have read the latest Government guidance to understand what travel is permitted. This can be seen here.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the accommodation team: or 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday 0151 795 0319.

Popular topics in Accommodation