Rent Rebate Update
We understand residents have a number of queries in relation to the Rent Rebate, so please read through answers to the common queries we are receiving below.
Date query/Christmas Period Information
You are able to apply for a single continuous period of absence in order to claim your rebate. The dates to submit are from 3 December 2020 to 19 March 2021. These dates are final and you will not receive a rebate for any dates that sit outside of this period.
The Christmas Closure period is chargeable but not a break of the single continuous period should your dates of absence be inclusive of this timeframe. The Christmas Closure ran from 19 December 2020 to 3 January 2021, and will be adjusted automatically from your rebate total.
The dates that you submitted via Liverpool Life have been validated by checking your card access data in the halls. Please note that if your card has been used through the period you are trying to claim for, your rebate will be calculated from your away date with the earliest being 3 December 2020 and up to the first date your card was used up to the last date of 19 March 2021.
How to calculate your rebate amount
If you have received your updated invoice for accommodation and are unsure of your rebate amount you can work out the reduction through the following method:
- Find your 2020 accommodation fee here
- Deduct your invoice amount from the instalment amount shown on the accommodation fee table
This will give you the overall rebate amount you have received. If you want to understand how many days this relates to you, you can calculate that by understanding how long your contract is:
- 1st Year UG = 257 nights
- Returning UG = 278 nights
- Postgraduate = 334 nights
You will then need to:
- Calculate your nightly price by dividing the total cost of your accommodation by the contract night total
- Divide the rebate amount by your nightly cost – this will then calculate the amount of days that your rebate relates to
Should this amount be different to what you were expecting, here are some points to consider:
- The rebate dates that you submitted were checked against your card access. If it was found that your card was used during this period, your single continuous period would be stopped at this point and your rebate calculated to this point.
- The Christmas Closure period from 19 December to 3 January was charged, and the dates removed from your rebate period.
- If you are in receipt of the Accommodation Discount, this was adjusted pro-rata in relation to your rebate dates as the discount is not applicable on dates that the rebate was applied for.
Cancellation of Face to Face teaching
Some students were required to return week commencing 4 January for face to face teaching that was subsequently cancelled due to changing government guidance. We are sorry if you were affected by this, and are currently assessing each student on a case by case basis. In order to assist with your query, please provide us with the following information:
- Study Course and Year
- Date Returned to Halls (for face to face teaching)
- Date Departed Halls (following cancellation of face to face teaching)
It is imperative that you pay your next instalment on 22 April and do not cancel your payment plan. Once an outcome has been agreed on your rebate amount taking into consideration the cancellation of face to face teaching, the amount will be adjusted and refunded to you if applicable. We will write to you in due course to advise on the outcome.
Rebate amount not updated
The Accommodation and Student Fees Team have worked tirelessly to ensure that rebates are processed in time for the April instalment, however we are aware that a very small amount of students have unfortunately not had their accounts adjusted in time. We sincerely apologise for this and would like to reassure you that your rebate will be returned to you as a refund shortly. If you have received an invoice for your April instalment of accommodation fees and your rebate adjustment does not appear on the invoice, unfortunately this will not be removed from the instalment due on 22 April. It is advised that you pay your instalment due on 22 April, and you will receive an adjusted Invoice/Credit within the next 28 days along with the rebate being refunded back to your account.
If your query has not been addressed with the above information, please email the Accommodation Team with ‘Rebate Query Not Answered’ as the email heading to email@example.com. Please note that you will receive a response within 28 working days.
- Read Next
- Philharmonic HSC Breakfast Packs Accommodation Survey 2021 - Have your say Ways to Wellbeing Halls Discount for Postgraduates Student Switch Off - Week of Action Dover Eid Activity Pack Wellbeing Week pack - Sip & Paint Halls Life Activity Pack - Wellbeing Week Guided Bike Rides Halls Life Activity Packs
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Finding your next home Online support for your Mental Wellbeing Halls Contact Information Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool