Register with a Doctor in Liverpool
Starting at University can be exciting and overwhelming. But there are a few important things that are essential to get sorted when you are moving to a new city. We recommend that you register with Brownlow Health as soon as possible when you arrive.
It is very important that you register with a GP practice in the city where you are studying. Do not wait until you are ill as you have to wait 24 hours after you have registered before you can book an appointment to see a Doctor. Registering means you can get the help you need when it matters, rather than waiting until you are ill and struggling to access services. The hospital Accident and Emergency department should only be used in emergencies.
Brownlow Health services include:
- Online consultations
- Vaccinations, including meningitis
- Sexual Health
- Long term condition management e.g. diabetes & asthma
- Travel vaccinations and much more....
If you arrive at university and fall ill before you have had a chance to register with a doctor, there is emergency help available around the city. You can also access the NHS eConsult service, which enables you to liaise with your GP without visiting a surgery - more information is here.
Also, if you haven't done so already, it is time to get vaccinated!
Department of Health advice is that all those coming to University should have had two immunisations against Measles, Mumps and Rubella (known as MMR). Therefore, students under the age of 25 who have not been vaccinated, are strongly advised to book their free meningitis vaccination (MenACWY) before starting university. This applies to everyone going to university for the first time, including overseas and mature students.
- Read Next
- Philharmonic Halloween Fancy Dress Competition Crown Place HSC's Fright Night Dover HSC's Ghostly Gathering Leftover Pumpkin Pasta Recipe Dover HSC Halloween Activity Packs Food and Drink on Campus Drinking Responsibly Sexual Health Services Being clear on consent Safety on Campus
- Requesting to move rooms Halls Halloween Competition Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Finding your next home Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health What is Halloween? Finding Housemates