Moving In - Top Tips
Once you've booked your Arrival Slot it's time to start planning! Moving day is pretty exciting, and there's a lot to think about, so here's our top tips for what to pack and plan for your first week and beyond ...
- Make sure you have completed your online induction before you arrive. This will be emailed to you directly and includes everything from fire safety to what to do on move in day.
- Don’t over-pack. Make a list of the basics you’ll need and remember you will find everything you need in the city if you've forgotten anything. We've got some advice on what to bring here.
- Make sure you bring staple food and drink. If you have the best intentions but don't get round to it, there are big supermarkets nearby at ASDA Smithdown Road, Tesco Liverpool One and Aldi St Johns
- Do not forget important documentation, passports, driving licence, accommodation contracts etc.
- Bring photos and any other favourite home comforts to stick to your wall to make it feel like home- but leave enough room for photos of new memories you're about to make too!
- Make sure you've done your research and know what to expect before you arrive. We will be sharing information throughout the whole process on our Facebook Page.
- Make sure your stuff is in manageable bags / boxes that you will be able to carry yourself.
- Say Hello! Even if you're feeling nervous remember everyone is in the same boat.
- Get out and about! Once you've met your flatmates it's great to go out and explore. There's loads of places to visit, just check out our Exploring Liverpool recommendations here.
Once you've moved in
- Make time for some admin. We'd recommend using the University's Welcome pages as a guide to what to make sure you've done! Also, Sign up to a doctors, scope out the library and update your CV ... all of these things will make your first year much easier.
- Make time to explore your local area, and also be mindful of representing the University at all times.
- Get involved in life in halls - and in particular some of our fabulous Halls Welcome Events - the best way to meet new people!
- You're going to be moving to one of the greatest cities in the world so keep exploring! As well as your Halls, these are key accounts we recommend following to stay up-to-speed:
- Read Next
- Ask Us Helpers - Job Opportunity Living with people who are not 'your people' Catering at Vine Court Ways to Wellbeing How YOU can help someone's mental health Halls Discount for Postgraduates Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget Winter Warmer Recipe: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
- Requesting to move rooms Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Finding your next home Get involved in Halls Life Online support for your Mental Wellbeing Halls Contact Information Finding Housemates Living with people who are not 'your people' How YOU can help someone's mental health