Liverpool Student Homes
After a year in halls, a lot of students will want to move out in to private rented accommodation. To get you started on the right path, Liverpool Student Homes have provided the below information to help you.
It's crucial that you remember there is a large supply of student accommodation in Liverpool so do not rush in to any decisions or agreements. There are always plenty of rooms available and they will continue to come up as others plans change.
Come to a LSH Housing Talk
If you are living in Campus Halls, you can attend the housing talk in LTC of the Central Teaching Hub at 6pm on Tuesday 23rd November, book your spot here.
If you are living in Greenbank, you can attend the housing talk in the Sefton Suite on Wednesday 24th November at 6pm, book your spot here.
Other key things to remember
- You don't have to leave halls. We have Dover Court specifically for second / third year students. More information here.
- Don't be pressured into securing accommodation too early. Don't be influenced by rumours that there will be no accommodation left. The earlier you sign for your accommodation, the more chance you have of experiencing problems. By the summer you could have fallen out with your prospective co-tenants but have a signed agreement that you can’t cancel.
- Remember that landlords who register properties with LSH must sign up to the LSH Standards, which offer you a high degree of protection and a complaints procedure in case anything goes wrong.
- Remember that almost all the large private Halls will have vacancies for next year. All the main Halls are registered with LSH and so residents are protected by the LSH Standards, even if they book with them directly. If you are unsure whether a Hall is registered with LSH, check their website.
- Do not settle for poor quality accommodation. If there is any aspect of a property that you are not happy with, walk away and keep looking until you find the right one. You can get advice and guidance about contracts from LSH – don't sign anything if you are unsure about it.
LSH also offer free confidential housing rights advice, and your property doesn’t need to be LSH registered to access this service. You can contact them at email@example.com.
- Read Next
- Philharmonic ice skating trip Crown's Christmas Party Hall Forum - Have your say Vine Court 'Jingle and Mingle' Christmas Party Covid Measures on Campus Green Halls - Energy Action Week Crown HSC's Christmas Movie Night - Elf Greenbank's Christmas Quiz Give it a Go - Upcycling Weekly Food Market
- Requesting to move rooms Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Finding your next home Get involved in Halls Life Online support for your Mental Wellbeing Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates