Exam Fuel Recipes: overnight oats
Overnight oats are perfect for breakfast or for a snack on-the-go. It takes just 5 minutes to prepare and you can wake up to a ready-made delicious breakfast… all week! The best thing about overnight oats is that you can make them to suit your taste.
50g rolled oats (it won’t work with instant oats, only rolled oats)
120 ml milk (you can substitute with plant-based milk or yoghurt)
A topping of your choice e.g. sliced banana, berries
Combine your oats and milk (or substitute) together in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- For a banana flavour, add a mashed banana to your oats
- For a chocolate twist, add two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- For sweeter overnight oats, add a tablespoon of honey
Once combined, add your mixture to a glass jar or container, cover up and leave overnight in the fridge.
In the morning, serve your oats chilled straight from the fridge. Before eating, top off with sliced banana, berries, chia seeds or a spoonful of peanut butter…whichever you prefer!
- Read Next
- Leave Liverpool Tidy - donate your belongings! Moving into the community: 10 tips for moving in Moving into the community: Looking after your bills and budgeting Moving into the community: Keeping your home safe and secure Meningitis and Septicaemia Moving into the community: Keeping your area clean Moving into the community: Being a good neighbour Making the most of your time in Halls Halls Life Leavers Packs Exploring Liverpool: Green Spaces in the city
- Halls Life Leavers Packs Exploring Liverpool - Albert Dock What's in your room Halls Life DIY Pizza Kits Becoming a Residential Adviser - 2022/23 FAQs Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Halls Postal Address Halls Suggestion Box Catering at Vine Court What to pack