Exam Fuel Recipes: Our Top Picks
There can be a lot to think about in the lead up to exams and assessments. We’ve selected some tasty sweet and savoury recipes to give you inspiration for quick, simple go to meals and snacks - all of which do not need many ingredients!
1. All-day breakfast frittata
This frittata is great for anyone who is looking to cook with flatmates or want to prepare meals for the coming days. It requires a handful of ingredients and can easily be made vegetarian-friendly.
2. Pepper, tomato and basil pasta (vegan friendly)
This pasta recipe is simple but tasty. You can substitute any of the ingredients or try experimenting by adding your own vegetables e.g. aubergine, courgette. A spoonful of pesto could be added for extra flavour.
3. Tasty mushroom omelette
Omelettes can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. They take less than 15 minutes to cook and you might even find that you have all of these ingredients already in your cupboards. You can always swap ingredients such as mushrooms and add peppers and/or onions. To make it non-vegetarian, add ham or chopped chorizo.
4. Lemon and blueberry baked oats
Baked oats are a really hearty breakfast and can be made in so many different flavours. This recipe makes enough to serve 4 so can be a great way to prepare breakfast during the week. It’s really tasty served up with yogurt too and is even sweet enough to be a delicious dessert.
5. Banana muffins
Breakfast muffins are ideal for when you have less time on your hands. They are full of fibre which will help you stay fuller for longer. You can also use these tasty muffins as snacks as they are perfect for if you are on the go. If you have a real sweet tooth you can add a handful of chocolate chips to the recipe.
Click here for more exam fuel inspiration.
- Read Next
- Leave Liverpool Tidy - donate your belongings! Moving into the community: 10 tips for moving in Moving into the community: Looking after your bills and budgeting Moving into the community: Keeping your home safe and secure Meningitis and Septicaemia Moving into the community: Keeping your area clean Moving into the community: Being a good neighbour Making the most of your time in Halls Halls Life Leavers Packs Exploring Liverpool: Green Spaces in the city
- Halls Life Leavers Packs Exploring Liverpool - Albert Dock What's in your room Halls Life DIY Pizza Kits Becoming a Residential Adviser - 2022/23 FAQs Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Halls Postal Address Halls Suggestion Box Catering at Vine Court What to pack