Cookie Consent by


Your guide to student insurance

By BzBarlow 15 Aug 2021

Personal safety is one thing when at university but have you also thought about the safety and security of your possessions?

Insurance might be one of the last things on your mind but it is important to ensure you know what is and what is not covered when moving away.

For those of you unfamiliar with student insurance, watch the below video to get you started: 

It’s easy to underestimate the value of your gadgets, and we're not just talking about your laptop and phone. Items such as your clothes, hairdryers and other smaller gadgets, like Fitbits and watches can all add up.

That's a big wedge of money to lose out on should your belongings break, get lost or even stolen! Therefore, it's important to assess the value of what you want to bring before moving to uni so you can get your items covered by suitable student insurance.

Luckily for you, a level of contents insurance is included when you stay in halls by Endsleigh. Endsleigh are the UK’s No.1 student insurance provider and the only provider recommended by NUS.

So, how do I ensure my belongings are covered?

Confirm your cover!

The level of contents insurance including in your halls insurance policy will cover you inside of your room for fire, flood and theft of your possessions, including your gadgets.

Ahead of arriving, it is really important you spend a couple of minutes to confirm your cover by downloading the My Endsleigh app or checking online: 


You will find all the important information you need to know, including what’s covered and what’s not covered on the policy. It is important to note that this cover will not provide protection if you were to accidentally damage any of your items, and it will not cover you when you take any of your possessions outside of your accommodation.

BzBarlow profile picture

BzBarlow part of the Browzer team and loves to bake.
View All Posts



Popular topics in Accommodation