What to bring to uni for your Drop and Go slot
Arrivals at the University of Leicester will be a little different this year as you will be able to book a 'Drop and Go' slot. This allows you to bring some of your belongings in August before arriving and starting in September,. The following is a suggestion of what you might bring during your 'Drop and Go' slot...
We've put together a list of things that would be worth dropping off, just remember you've got to think about whether you'll need them between now and September, if you don't then pack it up!
- Bedding/duvet & pillows (only if you have bought new ones for university)
- Winter clothes (fingers crossed we will have a nice hot summer so your winter woollies can be packed away)
- Clothes hangers
- Mirrors or any decorative items you've bought for your room
- Desk lamp
- Towels (bath and hand towels)
- Kitchen utensils (pots and pans, plates, cutlery, Tupperware, etc)
- Extension cables
- Stationery/folders for university work
- First aid box
Hopefully, you will have packed up and dropped off the main bulk of your belongings, so in September you will just need to bring your everyday items:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, etc)
- Important documents (ID, university correspondence, bank details, etc)
- Laptop and charger
- Television or games console
- Other clothes and shoes
We look forward to seeing you in September!
- Read Next
- Give it a Go Blog: Top tips for moving in Intro Week 2021 Freshers' Fair 2021: Day 2 Freshers' Fair 2021: Day 1 Activities Fair 2021: Day 2 Activities Fair 2021: Day 1 Have you had your meningitis jab? Ways that you can help the environment (Part 2) Ways that you can help the environment
- How to | Use your household appliances How to | Personalise your living space Keeping your bike safe at uni Have you had your meningitis jab? The essentials for your first food shop! What's Browzer? Residence Life Events Calendar: September Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village!