The University Shuttle Bus - 2021/22 Passes
The cheapest regular bus service between The Village and the University of Leicester Campus (via Brookfield School of Business) is the University Shuttle Bus, run by the University and operated by Centrebus. To use this service you will need to purchase an annual or semesterly bus pass, there are no pay-as-you-go options.
- The annual pass is valid from Monday 27 September 2021 – Saturday 11 June 2022.
- The semester one pass is valid from Monday 27 September 2021 - Saturday 18 December 2021.
- The semester two pass is valid from 10th January 2022 - 11th June 2022 (covering terms two and three).
Your bus pass will be uploaded to your student card, so there’s no additional paper pass. All you have to do is tap your student card on the reader when you get on the bus.
How to activate your bus pass on your student card
You will need to make sure that you have activated the bus pass on your student card before you start using it for the bus.
- After you have purchased the bus pass you will receive an email when your card has been updated
- Once it has been updated, hold your student card against any card reader in The Village social spaces (e.g. Olive Banks Study Space) for about ten seconds until the reader shows green. Alternatively, you can hold the card against any of the attendance monitors on campus used for seminars/ lectures.
- Once you have done this, your card can be used on the bus
Please allow at least one working day for your card to be updated after you have purchased the bus pass.
Alternative transport options from The Village
The Village is around 2 miles from campus, so it's worth considering how you'll travel to university.
- Walking to main campus takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk!
- Cycling to campus is easy, with dedicated bike racks in The Village and a large underground secure bike store on main campus. The easiest route is to follow the cycle lanes via London Road. The council have even created a dedicated cycle highway into the City Centre, free of other vehicles!
- The Arriva Bus (31/31A/31E) is a public service run by Arriva which offers various ticket options, including pay as you go. This service runs into the City Centre and is available at weekends. The bus stops a short walk from the student village travelling past Victoria Park and the end of University Road for travelling to campus.
- Bringing your own car is also an option for travelling around Leicester. You'll need to purchase a parking permit for £50 to park in The Village, there is no student parking on the university campus or in The City but you will be able to pay and display at the Freemen’s Multi-Storey Car Park. Blue badge holders can park in The Village free of charge but will need to register their vehicle at reception.
Got a Question?
There's lot's of options for transport around Leicester, so we'd be happy to talk you through it and help you choose what's right for you. Drop us an email at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)116 252 2428, our office is open 24/7 every day!
Want to chat with our students about life in halls of residence? Send a message to our friendly student ambassadors at le.ac.uk/chat.
- Read Next
- January Residence Life Events Calendar 5 reasons to shop local 4 easy, eco-friendly DIY projects Staying safe on a night out in Leicester Leicester guide: International supermarkets Leicester guide: The best vegan eats 8 kitchen hacks to make your life easier Ways that you can help the environment (Part 2) Ways that you can help the environment The Guide to The Village
- How to | Use your household appliances How to | Personalise your living space Follow us on social media! What's Browzer? Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village! Costs and what's included Book Your Hall Social Space About Your Hall