The University Shuttle Bus - 2020/21 Passes
University Shuttle Bus
The cheapest regular bus service between The Village and the University of Leicester Campus is the University Shuttle Bus, run by the University and operated by Centrebus.
Bus passes are now available to purchase.
Monday – Friday service - £175
Monday - Saturday service - £195
Semester One Only Pass
Monday – Friday service - £70
Monday - Saturday service - £78
Semester Two Only Pass (Terms 2 and 3)
Monday – Friday service - £110
Monday - Saturday service - £130
The annual pass is valid from Monday 28th September 2020 – Saturday 12 June 2021.
The semester one pass is valid from Monday 28th September 2020 - Saturday 19 December 2020.
The semester two pass is valid from 11th January 2021 - 11th June 2021 (covering terms two and three).
How to activate your bus pass on your student card
You will need to make sure that you have activated the bus pass on your student card before you start using it for the bus.
- After you have purchased the bus pass you will receive an email when your card has been updated
- Once it has been updated, hold your student card against any card reader in The Village social spaces (e.g. Olive Banks Study Space) for about ten seconds until the reader shows green. Alternatively you can hold the card against any of the attendance monitors on campus used for seminars/ lectures.
- Once you have done this, your card can be used on the bus
Please allow at least one working day for your card to be updated after you have purchased the bus pass.
Download the term-time shuttle timetable:
Download the reduced service timetable (lockdown Spring 2021):
Alternative transport options from The Village
The Village is around 2 miles from campus, so it's worth considering how you'll travel to university.
- Walking to main campus takes about 30-40 minutes, depending on how fast you walk!
- Cycling to campus is easy, with dedicated bike racks in The Village and a large underground secure bike store on main campus. The easiest route is to follow the cycle lanes via London Road. The council have even created a dedicated cycle highway into the City Centre, free of other vehicles!
- The Arriva Bus (31/31A/31E) is a public service run by Arriva which offers various ticket options, including pay as you go. This service runs into the City Centre and is available at weekends. The bus stops a short walk from the student village travelling past Victoria Park and the end of University Road for travelling to campus.
- Bringing your own car is also an option for travelling around Leicester. You'll need to purchase a parking permit for £50 to park in The Village, there is no student parking on the university campus or in The City. Blue badge holders can park in The Village free of charge but will need to register their vehicle at reception.
Got a Question?
There's lot's of options for transport around Leicester, so we'd be happy to talk you through it and help you choose what's right for you. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)116 252 2428, our office is open 24/7 every day!
Want to chat with out students about life in halls of residence? Send a message to our friendly student ambassadors at le.ac.uk/chat .
- Read Next
- Dealing with homesickness Life after lockdown Residence Life Events Calendar: May Seven steps for staying COVID-19 safe University of Leicester Registration Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Ordering your groceries to your accommodation Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village! Costs and what's included
- Residence Life Events Calendar: May Seven steps for staying COVID-19 safe Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village! Costs and what's included Your new household in halls of residence About Your Hall Support in Halls About Your Hall: Digby