Moving to Leicester? Top Spots to Visit!
When moving to a new city, you’re never going to be sure of the best places to visit. By the time you’ve found your favourite spot, it could be too late!
Well, we’re here to help. Below is our list of the best things to do in Leicester for any newcomer:
- Take a stroll along one of Leicester’s parades of shops! If you’re looking for a glimpse into 2nd & 3rd year, have a walk down Queen’s Road in the student area of Clarendon Park. Or maybe a taste of India? Then look no further than Belgrave Road (also known as the Golden Mile!).
- Leicester’s best known discovery, visit the King Richard III centre! Found by the University of Leicester, the final burial place of the Last Plantagenet is now on display. While entry is charged, it’s definitely worth a visit once!
- The city is full of green spaces, so take advantage of this time! Castle Gardens are a popular spot after a shopping trip around the city centre. If you’re looking for somewhere on Bonfire night, grab a ticket for the fireworks display at Abbey park! Or if you want to spend the day hiking, Aylestone meadows is perfect for its flat flood plains and expansive space.
- There’s no shortage of bars in the city centre, all within easy reach of each other! Market street, Belvoir street and Granby street all connect to create a route that bring you to Leicester railway station. From there, it’s onwards our on-campus nightclub, the O2 Academy!
- Looking for some fresh fruit and veg? Leicester boasts the largest outdoor market in Europe, with nearly everything you could think of on offer! With its central location, it’s great if you want to buy anything before hopping back on the bus.
We have dozens of ideas for activities on our interactive map, which can be found here. If there’s anything else you think we should include, let us know in the comments!
- Read Next
- Leicester guide: International supermarkets Leicester guide: The best vegan eats 8 kitchen hacks to make your life easier Ways that you can help the environment (Part 2) Ways that you can help the environment The Guide to The Village Your Guide to The City Leicester Guide: Festivals How to boil an egg How to cook the perfect rice/pasta
- How to | Use your household appliances How to | Personalise your living space Follow us on social media! The essentials for your first food shop! What's Browzer? Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village! Costs and what's included Book Your Hall Social Space