How to boil an egg
If you don't know how to boil an egg just yet, don't worry. We'll talk you through below how to make the perfect boiled egg exactly how you like it.
Once you know how to do it, it'll be a regular in your breakfast routine, especially if you're a dippy eggs and soldiers fan.
Here's how to boil an egg
- Boil the kettle and fill a medium-sized saucepan with the water and bring to a boil.
- Slowly lower the egg or eggs into the pan with a spoon. Be gentle, you don't want to crack your eggs here. A spoon like this is perfect!
- Set your timer for 4 minutes if you want your eggs to be soft and runny, or 6 minutes for a harder centre which would be perfect for salads.
- Using a teaspoon, lightly tap the egg with the front of the spoon and peel the shell off.
- Tuck in!
- Read Next
- Stress busters for exam season How rubbish sleep can affect your grades Support with your studies Recycle with these high street brands! How to have fun without alcohol Staying connected with home friends at uni THE ultimate guide to doing laundry How to book accommodation at Leicester Take a 360 tour of Freemen's Common How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines
- May Residence Life Events Calendar The University Shuttle Bus - 2021/22 Passes Join your hall Facebook group! Use our Amazon Locker Why should I return to halls? Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! About Your Hall: John Foster Take a tour of The Village! How To | Use Circuit Laundry Machines Staying connected with home friends at uni