How to boil an egg
If you don't know how to boil an egg just yet, don't worry. We'll talk you through below how to make the perfect boiled egg exactly how you like it.
Once you know how to do it, it'll be a regular in your breakfast routine, especially if you're a dippy eggs and soldiers fan.
Here's how to boil an egg
- Boil the kettle and fill a medium-sized saucepan with the water and bring to a boil.
- Slowly lower the egg or eggs into the pan with a spoon. Be gentle, you don't want to crack your eggs here. A spoon like this is perfect!
- Set your timer for 4 minutes if you want your eggs to be soft and runny, or 6 minutes for a harder centre which would be perfect for salads.
- Using a teaspoon, lightly tap the egg with the front of the spoon and peel the shell off.
- Tuck in!
- Read Next
- December Residence Life Events Calendar Non-festive group activities to do in Leicester this December! Room Decor 101: Christmas 5 reasons to shop local 4 easy, eco-friendly DIY projects Staying safe on a night out in Leicester Leicester guide: International supermarkets Leicester guide: The best vegan eats 8 kitchen hacks to make your life easier Ways that you can help the environment (Part 2)
- How to | Use your household appliances How to | Personalise your living space Follow us on social media! What's Browzer? Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village! Costs and what's included Book Your Hall Social Space About Your Hall