Guide to using the microwave
The student essential for heating up leftovers!
This will become your best friend for a quick lunch or dinner between your busy student life.
- Always check cooking instructions beforehand
- Loosely cover food over to avoid spills/splashes
- Once you have placed the food in the microwave, set the power dial and timer dial to the cooking instructions
- When the timer is done, check the food is piping hot and carefully remove it from the microwave
- It's worth leaving your food to stand for a minute or so before tucking in
- Remember, do not put any metal or foil in the microwave. It will break!
- Read Next
- Give it a Go Blog: Top tips for moving in Intro Week 2021 Freshers' Fair 2021: Day 2 Freshers' Fair 2021: Day 1 Activities Fair 2021: Day 2 Activities Fair 2021: Day 1 Have you had your meningitis jab? Ways that you can help the environment (Part 2) Ways that you can help the environment
- How to | Use your household appliances How to | Personalise your living space Keeping your bike safe at uni Have you had your meningitis jab? The essentials for your first food shop! What's Browzer? Residence Life Events Calendar: September Your Accommodation Welcome Talk! Your Welcome Team! Take a tour of The Village!