Wellbeing Services in CU
When it comes to student wellbeing, Coventry University staff aim to make sure that they are provided with the best resources possible in the event of a problem.
Most of you have certainly seen Health & Wellbeing banners all across campus, whether in University-owned housing or inside numerous buildings.
If students use the QR code supplied to access the website, they will be directed straight to the Health and Wellbeing Services that are available to them as a Coventry University Group student.
Students can obtain information about the following topics in this section:
- Bereavement support
- Staying safe
- Mental Health and Counselling
- Spirituality and faith
- Harassment & Hate
- Exercise/keeping active
- Sexual Health
Nobody is immune to personal issues. And we understand that while you are with us, you may encounter a variety of concerns such as homesickness, grief, feeling overwhelmed with studies, relationship breakdown, family troubles, illness, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, or other personal issues. At the same time, we recognise that any of these factors could have a detrimental impact on your studies, thus we are here to assist you. We can provide:
- 30 minutes face-to-face sessions with one of our welfare advisors
- Email and telephone support
All of our services require an appointment. Appointments are offered Monday through Friday and can be scheduled up to three weeks in advance. The Welfare Team offers a mix of online and in-person appointments. When you arrange an appointment, you must specify the sort of appointment you want (Phone, Online or Face to Face).
You will never be alone because there is always someone to talk to if you need to speak with someone urgently. Many of the numbers listed below are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
In an emergency, if you need immediate help
- If you are on campus or in Coventry University accommodation please ring Protection Services on 02477 655 555 (24/7)
- If you are in private accommodation, please ring 999
To speak to someone wherever you may be:
- Hopeline UK - 0800 068 4141 or text 07786 209697 (Monday to Friday, 10.00am - 10.00pm, Sat/Sun 2.00pm - 10.00pm)
- CALM (men only) - 0800 58 58 58 (every day 5pm-midnight)
- Mental Health Matters - 24 hour helpline - 0300 330 5487(mobile), 0800 616 171 (landline) or text 07786 202242
- Give us a shout - text shout to 85258 (every day of the year)
We hope that the information offered will be beneficial to each and every student.
- Read Next
- My ResLife Assstant Experience - Glory's Story My ResLife Assistant Experience - Pedro's story My Reslife Assistant Experience - Alex's Story My ResLife Assistant Experience - Rachel's story National Vegetarian Week Tips When Starting Second Year at University Benefits of Meditation Top rating movies/series on Netflix 2022 Tips for May Starters Moving out of university: Top tips for packing your stuff
- Numerology, astrology and horoscopes: a beginners guide Nightlife in Coventry - Best clubs and bars in the area Need something fixing in your accommodation? #DontBeDaft: The Drinking Series Food shopping on a budget... Join the Party! - Stay in halls don’t commute! #DontBeDaft: The Money Series #Dontbedaft: The Night Out Series TOP 10 places to visit in Coventry! Want a night off from cooking?