Save money AND have a positive impact!
It's about time that you started thinking about being green and environmentally friendly...
Not only is it easy but you can save money whilst doing it - winner!
- Spend less time in the shower. Yes girls, we're talking to you. Try and cut down how long you spend in there and you could save enough water to supply thousands of homes every year.
- Go to your local CEX. You might be surprised at how much you'll get for your old games, DVDs, iPods, CDs etc. It's worth trying out!
- Always fully load the dishwasher. Make sure you're using the 'eco' system too or go old school and wash them by hand.
- Make a visit to a charity shop. Drop off all your unwanted items that are just collecting dust at home - they would really appreciate them. Most shops will collect bigger items from your house free of charge too!
- Have a reusable water bottle. This means you'll just be refilling your old one instead of throwing yours away and buying a new one everyday.
- Get rid of your old books. You could stick them on Amazon or Fat Brain to help your fellow students who are looking for a bargain.
- Don't leave your taps running. Especially when you're brushing your teeth and washing your face because that wastes more than you think.
- Sell your things online. If you're quite low on cash, stick your things on Gumtree, eBay or Depop to get rid of your old stuff.
Just think of the money you'll save and the positive impact you'll have...
- Read Next
- What to do if you want to change/leave your University Course How to keep your kitchen and communal areas clean Budgeting Tips Saturday Night In - Recipe Blog Black History Month - Brief History and Overview of why its important Must Watch Halloween Movies Throwback Thursday World Foods, best restaurants and shops to try/purchase international foods How to stay organised Sexual Health
- ResLife: Alcohol Awareness Week Top tips for 1st years: Part 1 Do you need extra cover? How to check out of your halls How to use Singer Hall (standard) appliances Your Residence Life Coordinator Go Green! What's Browzer? How to budget as a student? Numerology, Astrology, Horoscope: Are They Accurate?