Planning your Trip/Holidays (COVID Edition)
These last 2 years haven't been easy, with lockdowns, restrictions and in general cancellation of holidays. We're all trying to get a break from it all.
We all feel like taking that sweet holiday or going back home for a month or two. Or even a weekend for a quick getaway. Here's how you can do it.
- Be aware of high demand
- Consult a travel adviser
- Read up on travel restrictions
- Know everyone's risk status
- Check in with your doctor
Once the steps have been taken you can then start looking at getting your flight and your destination. It's essential to take these initial preparation steps due to Covid. This will help preventing quarantine when you return but also help you enjoy your trip without being in constant worry.
If you're going back home that's already a plus because you have a place to stay and you know exactly the whereabouts of everything. However, if you're going on holidays, you might want to consider the new guidelines to pick a destination, as well as things to follow to enjoy your holidays within the new norms.
- Consider travel insurance
- Don't toss your mask
- Take advantage of flexible booking policies
- Bear in mind different travel methods
- Consider location and crowds when booking an accommodation
- Pack a pandemic essentials bag
- Plan outdoor activities
With these things in mind, I wish you all happy holidays and hope everyone is able to enjoy their break from University, whether if you stay in the UK or not, plan something that you normally wouldn't and have a getaway. One day will already help you feel refreshed!
- Read Next
- How to be sustainable at uni Become a Residence Life Assistant My ResLife Assstant Experience - Glory's Story My ResLife Assistant Experience - Pedro's story My Reslife Assistant Experience - Alex's Story My ResLife Assistant Experience - Rachel's story National Vegetarian Week Tips When Starting Second Year at University Top rating movies/series on Netflix 2022 Tips for May Starters
- Numerology, astrology and horoscopes: a beginners guide Nightlife in Coventry - Best clubs and bars in the area Need something fixing in your accommodation? #DontBeDaft: The Money Series #DontBeDaft: The Drinking Series Food shopping on a budget... Join the Party! - Stay in halls don’t commute! Tips for Exam Prep TOP 10 places to visit in Coventry! #Dontbedaft: The Night Out Series