Online vs. in-store food shopping
Online shopping can save you arm ache and stress but are you getting the best deal or exactly what you want?
Read these pros and cons of shopping online to see if you're making the right decision for YOU.
- The chance to multi-task
You don't have to walk around a supermarket. Instead, shop on your laptop whilst catching up on your fave tv series too!
- Time saver
You can store some items so that next time you shop most of the things you want are already in your 'basket' - EASY.
- Keeping hold of your money
Using online price comparison tools with other supermarkets can help you save.
- Don't waste time
Save time trailing around the store for individual recipe ingredients, search them and bag them in just a few clicks
- To fail to prepare, is to prepare to fail
Shopping online can help you stick to your weekly meal plan - or encourage you to make one and follow it without too many treats getting in the way
- Stop silly snap decisions
You know, those impulse buys - throwing wine gums in the trolley as you make your way to the dairy aisle...
- Ran out of cash already?
Save your shopping list and see if your parents will pay (remember to say please!)
- Comfortable shopping
No queues, screaming children, or grannies trying to elbow you out the way at the check-outs
Plus, you don't have to carry a thing...
If something is out of stock rather than being refunded you end up with something 'similar' in the loosest sense of the word. A box of eggs? I ordered a Creme Egg...true story.
- How fresh are your groceries?
You would have a look at apples or a french stick before purchasing, but would an employee who's been carrying out these orders all day?
- Waiting about
Delivery times are usually in 1-hour slots which feels like a long time when you have things to do. They're also often more expensive at evenings and weekends. Typical.
- You're missing out on exercise
Back away from the laptop!
- Boring warning:
If your list is pre-saved you will be less inclined to experiment. Variety is the spice of life, remember?
- You're missing out...
On trips to the local veg markets or butchers, which can be cheaper and better quality!
Whether you're an avid tv watcher, an out-and-about-er, like to experient or keep things samey...these aspects and more, can affect whether online shopping is for you or not.
So what will it be?
- Read Next
- Exploring Coventry - Sights, Restaurants and more Well-being Community Project ResLife: Virtual Slumber Party - 23/09/21 7PM ResLife: T-BREAK Mental Health Session - 22/09/21 10am-3pm ResLife: Isolation Chat Station - 20/09/21 6PM ResLife: Pool Tournament - 21/09/21 6PM Saturday Night In - Recipe Blog Tips on living with housemates and making friends. Mental Health Unwind Things I wish I knew in the first year of Uni.
- ResLife: Alcohol Awareness Week Top tips for 1st years: Part 1 11 ways to make halls feel like home Do you need extra cover? How to check out of your halls How to use Singer Hall (standard) appliances Your Residence Life Coordinator Go Green! What's Browzer? How to budget as a student?