It's Green Week 2021
What is Green Week?
The purpose of the Green Week is to celebrate the city’s sustainable practices, take a chance to learn about it and take action. All individuals, groups and education bodies across Coventry and Leamington Spa come together and take action on the Climate Emergency using the UN Sustainable Development Goals to support everyone’s understanding of sustainability.
What events are happening and how can you get involved?
There are many virtual activities and events that you can join in to celebrate the Green Week.
Some of the events you may find interesting:
- Fuel Poverty and Energy Saving
This course is being run by charity Act On Energy and will look at how to save money on energy bills. Please note that the places are limited so get your space ASAP!
- Using Water Wisely
This event is being run by Sever Trent Water and will cover how to use water efficiently and how to access free water saving gadgets including other information.
- Green Careers in the 21st Century
- Creating Sustainable Change – Motivational Interviewing
Motivational Interviewing is a non-confrontational approach to communication with the focus on building repertoire and enacting tangible change. This workshop aims to introduce the concepts of MI and apply them to implementing climate change policies at local government levels and include interactive group activities to test your new motivational interviewing abilities.
And many more webinars, workshops and events (and more information) can be found here:
For news and updates, you can follow the Green Week 2021 Facebook page here:
If you wish to leave a pledge to achieve your #GreenGoal, follow the link below:
You can provide feedback or comment on the Padlet via the link below:https://padlet.com/envteamest/GreenWeek21
- Read Next
- Revision Tips Nightlife in Coventry - Best clubs and bars in the area World Singing Day 2021 History of Halloween What to do if you want to change/leave your University Course How to keep your kitchen and communal areas clean Budgeting Tips Saturday Night In - Recipe Blog Black History Month - Brief History and Overview of why its important Must Watch Halloween Movies
- ResLife: Alcohol Awareness Week Top tips for 1st years: Part 1 Do you need extra cover? How to check out of your halls How to use Singer Hall (standard) appliances Your Residence Life Coordinator Go Green! What's Browzer? How to budget as a student? Numerology, Astrology, Horoscope: Are They Accurate?