#DontBeDaft: River Safety Series
River Sherbourne runs through Coventry so if you often stumble the town on a night out, listen up...
Seen as you'll live close to town or pass through on a regular basis, it's important that you take care and don't do something you'll regret!
The Royal Lifesaving Society launched the #DontDrinkandDrown campaign to make people aware of the importance of river safety.
Watch this video showing the effects that alcohol has on your body...
Did you know?
- Excessive alcohol lowers your inhibitions which leads to having an impaired judgment. This can lead to you feeling that you can take more risks leading to scary consequences.
- It also limits your muscle ability and slows down your reactions to things around you meaning that you can struggle to make the simplest of movements.
- A quarter of all adult downing victims have been found to have alcohol in their bloodstream - we're not saying that you should never drink, just advising that take it easy and stay away from water.
Just don't be daft, it isn't worth it!
- Read Next
- Why do people do Dry January? Veganuary: Vegan Myths Blue Monday: How to boost your mood FREE Hot Drink from GREGGS for ALL FUTURELETS RESIDENTS! Veganuary? What's that? January Events - Week 3 + 4 Tips for Move in Day - January Starters Planning your Trip/Holidays (COVID Edition) Best way to organise yourself during exam season Small changes to improve your Life
- ResLife: Alcohol Awareness Week Top tips for 1st years: Part 1 Do you need extra cover? How to check out of your halls How to use Singer Hall (standard) appliances Your Residence Life Coordinator Go Green! What's Browzer? How to budget as a student? Numerology, Astrology, Horoscope: Are They Accurate?