Exams, essays and more exams! Working hard can take its toll on our beautiful minds!
Check out this quick guide to make sure that you eat the right things and get the most out of your revision! Like they always say Healthy Body = Healthy Mind.
THE GENERAL RULES FOR THE BEST BRAIN FOODS FOR REVISION
- Stay away from fatty and fried foods.
- Stay away from artificial rubbish.
- Make your own food to save money and ensure your brain is getting everything it needs.
- STAY HYDRATED!
- Don’t over eat otherwise you’ll just spend half your revising time to full to think.
- Eat small amounts of HEALTHY snacks often.
THE BEST BRAIN FOODS FOR REVISION – BREAKFAST
Everyone says it, because it is true – Breakfast if the most important meal of the day! You've been asleep all night and you are starved of nutrition. Try some of these ideas to get you ready to take on the revision.
- Peanut Butter on Wholemeal Toast– High in protein and good carbohydrates this can give your brain the fuel it needs to memorize that 1000 page textbook.
- Fruit – Get at least one portion of fruit down you whether that be a glass of quality fruit juice or an orange.
- Porridge– Really easy to make in the microwave, fills you with slow releasing energy. Try adding some chopped bananas and then you don’t have to listen to point 2!
THE BEST BRAIN FOODS FOR REVISION – LUNCH
You have got through the morning, well done! But the day is by no means over yet. Time to fuel up again with lunch.
- Ham and Salad Sandwich with a Fruit Salad Desert– The sandwich tops up your protein and carb reserves and the fruit salads gives you the healthy sugar boost you need to stay focussed.
- Chicken Salad –Chop up some chicken breast and cook it in a frying pan. Why not mix things up a little by adding some green pesto! Then when cooked and its cooler add it to fresh salad and eat then straight away or stick it in the fridge for later.
- Jacket Potato– with Tuna Mayonnaise and Salad – Cook the Jacket Potato, mix some tuna with mayonnaise, chopped up salad onions and sweetcorn. Garnish with salad. NO CHEESE!
THE BEST BRAIN FOODS FOR REVISION -TEA TIME!
The day is over…or is it? Need to get a little bit more work done? Or just need to recharge that tired brain? Time for a filling and replenishing tea.
- Fish– Fish is just great, Cod has been shown to increase brain power so find some recipes for Cod or buy one of those awesome Birdseye ones you just have to put in the oven. Maybe have it with mash and peas? It’s your choice…be creative.
- Chicken – High in protein chicken is great for keeping your energy levels up. Cook a chicken breast and have with new potatoes and famous brain enhancing vegetable – asparagus.
- Pasta– Easy to make and you can also make it good for your brain. Chop up some chicken, add a healthy…ish sauce and you have the main part of your meal. Eat with another brain enhancing vegetable – broccoli.
THE BEST BRAIN FOODS FOR REVISION – SNACKS!
When the main meals don’t stretch far enough it is time for the almighty snack to come and save the day. Instead if reaching for your old friend the vending machine why not help your brain (and your wallet) by eating these brain empowering snacks.
- Fresh Vegetables– Chop up some raw carrots/celery/peppers and bring some humous for a healthy snack to munch on while you’re bored and when your’re hungry.
- Peanut Butter on Wholemeal Toast – Good for breakfast and/or a snack. The protein and good carbohydrates give your brain the fuel it needs.
- Fruit– Healthy, cheap and full of sugar to boost your energy levels…perfect!
- Nuts– High in protein and great just to nibble on get a handful of almonds, brazil buts or cashews down you. Try and resist the salt covered or chocolate coated ones!
Now you're equipped with these top healthy eating for revision tips you can hit the books and get down to some hard work!
There's nothing more for us to say other than Good Luck!