- 4 ounces chorizo sausage
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- sliced avocado (optional)
- ¼ cup salsa verde (optional)
- Remove chorizo from the casing and fry in a medium saute pan until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs and water in a small bowl.*
- Take the chorizo out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Wipe the pan of the remaining grease with a clean paper towel.
- Melt the butter in the same pan over low heat. Add the beaten eggs to the pan, then put the Chorizo, spinach, and crumbled goat cheese on half the egg mixture. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes until slightly firm, then fold the empty side over the side with the filling on it. Cover the pan with foil or a pot cover and leave on low heat for another few minutes until the eggs are cooked through. If your bottom is browning too quickly, turn the stove off and leave the pan covered for up to 10 minutes and the residual heat should "bake" it until the center is fully cooked.
- Serve with avocado slices and salsa verde. So good you won't even miss the toast or hash browns!
Original recipe and blog post can be found on I Breathe, I'm Hungry