We are sure that at some stage during the year you will want to hold a small gathering in your accommodation...
If you would like to do this you will need to undertake the following:
Students may be permitted to hold a party provided that prior authority is granted as follows:
- Complete the Request Form and send it to Campus Operations, giving at least 48 hours' notice. These forms can be located at all campus receptions. You must have written permission with you during the party in case you are asked to show it.
- Ensure that the area is left clean and tidy after the event.
- Parties that receive permission must adhere to noise regulations and may be allowed to continue until 1.00am if regulations are abided by and no complaints are received.
- The named organiser will be responsible for any damage or vandalism caused during the event. This includes any noise complaints, guest damage, fire alarm activations or any other breach of Licence Agreement.
- Advertising a party on social networking sites might be the easiest way to get your friends to know the details but if you are not careful, you could attract thousands of unwanted guests and the Police. Do not advertise your party on any social networking sites. Should this be detected, the student responsible will face disciplinary action.
Students are allowed an overnight guest in the accommodation as long as they comply with the terms of the Licence Agreement, and the guest stays no longer than two nights. It will not be acceptable to stay overnight on a regular basis.
You must sign your guest in at reception as soon as they arrive. Please take note that you will be responsible for your guests behaviour. If they cause damage or nuisance, you will be held responsible. The University has the right to prohibit guests at any time if necessary.